[FX.php List] [OT] Problem trying to use mount_afp w/ FileMaker Server

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Fri Nov 30 14:15:43 MST 2007

Samba is basically Windows file and printer sharing for non-Windows
computers (http://us3.samba.org/samba/what_is_samba.html), which is probably
why your tech guy ran screaming from it.  I personally don't think it's a
horrible thing, but it may not fit your security setup so 'YMMV'.  As
Gjermund mentioned and as far as I know, it only has to be enabled on the
system you are copying TO so you can access the share.

Andrew Denman