[FX.php List] [OFF] Those Whacky End Users

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Wed Nov 28 12:42:19 MST 2007

I forgot to mention something.

In a 10 page process, I'm only hitting the database twice. Once to
load the original record (if applicable) and once to create a new
record based on the new info collected from the "interview".  all the
rest of the pages are handled in a session.  I did this to save
bandwidth/traffic to the DB.

Perhaps that's why I can't just ask the database for the status.  it
doesn't know until the end of the interview process.  In between the
first and last screens, only the session knows the status.

That's why I am struggling to manage the various conditions that
might exist at any point.

I just need to bone up on the whole subject of managing sessions, I suppose.