[FX.php List] [OFF] Those Whacky End Users

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Wed Nov 28 08:34:04 MST 2007

my solution is usually to look at the bigger picture... only send one
email per household. then, have a button that says "add an additional
household member." problem solved. go back to sudoku.

general advice, get a naïve "user" to test at every step of the way
without you telling them what to do. start the process the first day of
development.

specific, avoid multipage signups. don't trust sessions. users will use
the back button - support it. make pathways and choices explicit. reject
bots by using coded signup links sent via email and other tricks like
captchas.

dan

Jonathan Schwartz had written: