[FX.php List] [Off] Not a valid path - for scheduled backups

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Nov 20 17:41:43 MST 2007

I don't know; I'm just repeating what I heard at Devcon.

If I remember correctly, their argument was that an external drive
could be detached by accident. I'm not saying I agree with this (I
certainly don't), but that's what I seem to recall.

I do a lot of digital recording, as does almost every recording studio
here in Nashville, and we all use external drives for recording.
Digital recording requires a fast, stable connection, yet it doesn't
seem to be an issue here at all. I'm at a loss to explain why FMI has
decreed that external drives are not to be used for backup devices.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting