[FX.php List] [Off-topic] How to create a mySQL DB on my web server

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Nov 16 19:16:39 MST 2007

I'm woefully uninformed about how to work with MySQL, but have a
messageboard that I have to install for a client, and it uses MySQL.

Could anyone on this list tell me how to go about creating a database
on my web server (Mac OS X Server Tiger)? I've got MySQL running, but
just don't know how to create a database, and the messageboard
requires that I have one created and running before I can finish
configuring it.

I seem to recall a Mac app that did this sort of thing I downloaded
CocoaMySQL, but can't make heads or tails of it. It doesn't want to
connect to my web server no matter what I try.

Thanks for any help; back-channel might be a good idea...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions