[FX.php List] PHP direct access of FileMaker data

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Thu Nov 15 11:38:48 MST 2007

Yep, this support is in there.  Note that it is Windows only, and the
related code is commented out (it uses COM which results in nasty
errors if used on a non-Windows server) -- you can use the code by
uncommenting the contents of the RetrieveCAFEphp4PCData() function
within FX.php.  That said, I do think that the "what are you trying
to accomplish" question is reasonable.  After all, back in the old
days when you could access the client directly, performance left a
lot to be desired.  Also, keep in mind that FileMaker Pro's license
limits how you're allowed to access the data (so even though you
could use ODBC, you're limited in how you put that to use.)  Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org