[FX.php List] PHP direct access of FileMaker data

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Thu Nov 15 02:24:52 MST 2007

Hi Paul,

There's a very simple explanation for why googling hasn't helped... what you
want to do isn't possible...!

Even with older versions of FMP (>4 <7) it was necessary to have the web
companion installed within a client application, originally any version of
FMP, from v6 onwards, a 'special' version of the client app known as
unlimited was required...

Since v8, the web serving has been moved from the client app, to the server
app. In v8 FM server advanced was required, in v9 'only' server is required
to allow php access through either the use of a tool like FX.php or the
native FMP php interface...

What exactly are you trying to achieve...??

Cheers
Steve