[FX.php List] Password encryption and PHP security

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Nov 14 15:03:50 MST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Lindal, Mark wrote:

> Thanks to all who have offered solutions and advice.  I am wondering
> about
> IIS on Windows 2000 server, and somehow configuring an SSL serving.
> Will
> that still work with FM 6.04?

Yes, SSL works fine with FM 6. It shouldn't make any difference with
your PHP pages whether you're using FM 8 or FM 6, I should think; I've
used SSL with FM 5 and 6 many times over the years.

As to Oracle, here's the choice:
FileMaker Server 8 Advanced, $2500 + the cost of hardware...
Oracle + hardware: megabucks

You should point out to him that some very large corporations use FM
and PHP-powered web apps; we've worked with some very large companies
here and in Canada, including hospitals, universities, store chains,
etc.

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com