[FX.php List] [OT] Uploading files with high ASCII or unicode characters on unix platform

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:54:45 MST 2007

In Linux uploading filenames with æøå is no problem,
but in Unix platforms; such as Solaris, Irix, MacOS X, and BSD

Those files are not uploaded, I did help somebody in doing this, in
Gothenburg once; a Danish guy, some sort of encoding or decoding of
the filename itself, I have to do the upload sequence on a Solaris box
and would become very happy if anyone are able to enlighten me.

tia, ggt