[FX.php List] [OT] Network question

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Nov 7 14:20:13 MST 2007

An off-topic question for Mac network users:

Is there any degradation of network speed when one machine's HD is
remotely mounted on another machine (but no traffic is passing)?

I have servers that connect to others in my network (for backup
purposes) and am wondering if it's okay to leave these remote volumes
mounted, or if it's slowing down my network.

Thanks for any advice,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954