[FX.php List] [Off-ish] Advice on FMS8A -> FMS9A migration strategy

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Nov 5 18:42:39 MST 2007

Troy,

I'd go ahead and set up the same site on the other machines; here's
how I might do it:

Duplicate the site and the database, and install it all on the new
machines.

Run the site on the new machines before switching any DNS, to make
sure it's working properly.

Once you're sure it's working right, then you could do this: on the
OLD web server, put a redirect page to direct traffic to the new web
server.

Then, once that's all set up and you know it's working, you could
switch the DNS to point to the new web server, and move over your
actual production database.

Hope that helps take care,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting