[FX.php List] [Off-ish] Advice on FMS8A -> FMS9A migration strategy

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Mon Nov 5 18:35:11 MST 2007

Bob,

With two-machine to begin with, how can I do the shift without down-time? Is it actually possible to install the FMS9A web components on the earlier machine without hozing the running FMS8A, do the link-up to the FMS9A database machine, do testing, then transfer?

If it can't, I don't have the budget to buy a 3rd machine in order to keep the original running. This is why I don't know what approach to take.

-Troy