[FX.php List] Uploading images

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 3 05:47:09 MDT 2007

I have been trying to add an upload image feature to one of my web pages, but the process has always failed. I assumed that it was because I was making stupid mistakes with the code!

Further investigation revealed that the image was being directed to the temporary default location '/var/tmp' but an ordinary web user does not have permission to write to this directry and the hostmaster is not inclined to grant this. The suggestion was that I find some 'other' way to upload the images.

I have tried changing the default upload path in php.ini but surprise surprise I do not have permission to change this either!

I have scripts in FileMaker that upload files to the webserver using SSL so I know it can be done.

However I want an authenticated user to be able to click a submit button on a web page.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can get around the hostmaster's restrictions by using fx.php?

Roger