[FX.php List] Somewhat [Off Topic] How to tell your local computers which is a domain-named server

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Sun May 27 06:29:35 MDT 2007

Den 25/05/2007 kl. 1.10 skrev Kevin Futter:

> LookupOrder: Cache FF DNS NI DS
> _config_name: Host Configuration
>
> This is from my MacBook Pro, which is set to use cache first (which
> is why
> you need to flush it after making changes), then FF (flat file -
> hosts),
> then DNS, then NI (NetInfo). I'm not even sure what the last one is.

DS stands for Directory Service, as in Open Directory included with
Mac OS X Server

Changing lookup order:
I found an old article about this, but I think it's still valid:

http://www.macwrite.com/criticalmass/ten-mac-os-x-ends.php

YMMV

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»Interest can produce learning on a scale compared to fear as a
nuclear explosion to a firecracker.«
--Stanley Kubrick

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach