[FX.php List] Somewhat [Off Topic] How to tell your local computers which is a domain-named server

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Wed May 23 19:32:16 MDT 2007

wow. that was the most properly backgrounded and well thought out
question I've ever seen posted to a listserv - anywhere.

usually people ask things like:
"i can't get to lab.troymeyers.com anymore on my local network,
anyone know why?"

modify /etc/hosts file to strongarm OSX into using the FMSA machines
local IP to resolve the lab host.

i found this in a quick search on /etc/hosts OSX:
http://kb.wisc.edu/middleware/page.php?id=4506

as it says, YMMV.
dan