[FX.php List] [OFF-TOPIC] A bug discovery in OS X Server and OS X 10.4 installers

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Tue May 22 17:36:13 MDT 2007

>>Sounds sketchy to me.
>
>>   I'd call Apple Support instead of bringing it to the Apple Store.
>>
>>         - John
>
>Not sure what you mean by "Sounds sketchy to me." Actually, it
>wasn't an Apple Store, it was the local Apple authorized dealer, and
>I have great respect for this particular tech. I've been using Macs
>since 1986, so I'm not imagining things... it may sound sketchy to
>you, but it's what happened, and not once but consistently.
>
>Since it's working now, there's no point in contacting Apple... they
>probably already know about the issue.

I'd be concerned it's a hardware issue, especially if you're using it
as a server.  I've formatted drives on all numbers of machines,
including Intel boxes, with Disk Utility from the installer disc.

	- John

John May : President                 <http://www.pointinspace.com/>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             jmay at pointinspace.com

        Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, Lasso & PHP Hosting