[FX.php List] Problem with checkbox set validation

Edward L. Ford elford at cs.bu.edu
Sun May 20 18:01:23 MDT 2007

Hello,
I'm facing a really annoying problem right now.  I have a field in a
FM database that is a set of checkboxes, derived from a value list.
I can check and uncheck different boxes without a problem.

In my PHP pages, I present the same set of checkboxes by extracting
them from FM through FMView -- and I set the "value" field of the
HTML element to be values from the FM value list.  I've made sure
that this value list is used on the layout that my PHP pages call.
The problem is that when I attempt to submit FORM data back to FM, I
get the error code 506, Value in field is not listed on the value
list specified in validation entry option.

I have several other checkbox sets on the same FM layout, as well as
the same PHP page, and none of the others are giving me a problem --
they all are using the same sort of code that is modified for each
set of checkboxes.

I'm stuck -- it's been two days and I haven't been able to identify
the problems.  Can anyone here suggest what I might be missing,
especially with that error code in particular?

Thanks,

--Ed
http://www.edwardford.net