[FX.php List] fx.php and BBEdit Syntax Checking

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Sat May 19 05:41:40 MDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I *just* started paying attention to checking for proper syntax in my
fx.php pages.  Up until this point, I have just been happy if the
page appears to perform as desired.  Now I'm looking for trouble
before it happens.

Of course, I'm starting with 150 errors on a page, as the Syntax
Checker reports in BBedit.  I understand that it has to do with the
DocType, and I have decided to use XHTML Transitional.  I'd enjoy a
separate discussion on this subject, if anyone has an opinion.

My question is whether or not BBEdit knows what fx.php/php tags look
like.  The Syntax Checker doesn't seem to appreciate them.  Perhaps
this is just the way it is.

Here's an example:

The tag:
<form method="post" action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" >

The Error:
Value of attribute "action" for element "<form>" is invalid; URL path
needs encoding ("%3C?php%20$_SERVER%5B'PHP_SELF'%5D;%20?%3E")

Any comments?

Thx

Jonathan
--