[FX.php List] Multiple records Redux

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Wed May 16 09:15:37 MDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Recently, I posted a question about retrieving multiple records from
a form, as in checkbox for each of the records listed from an fx.php
query.

At the time, I guess it was dumb luck that I achieved the desired
results the first time, because now I'm not confident of the
mechanics when I try to retrieve *two* values from each record in the
form.

It seems that the $_POST will only produce multiple records if each
of the  <input "name" > fields is unique.  In my first attempt, I
just happened to make the name field the recid, so this worked.
Subsequently, when I tried the more conventional approach of using
name="RECORDID" and value =(recid), the $_POST only delivers a single
record.  I deduced that the "name" value must be unique.

Moving forward, I am now trying to add another value to the $_POST
array.  This will not be unique (one of two values) , and will
"break" the $_POST scheme I desire.

The only thing that I can think to do is to concatenate the recid
with the new value, ensuring a unique value. The value would be
passed as a hidden value....and I'm not even sure that that will work.

Am I on the right track?

Thx

Jonathan

--