[FX.php List] Another question about passing variables

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue May 15 11:30:03 MDT 2007

Here's an additional question along the lines of my previous one:

This particular site sells access to clients who put a link on their
sites; when they get to the PHP site, I check their username and
allow them access.

I originally wrote the site to retrieve their domain name and verify
their membership using their domain names; however, this had spotty
results because sites that used Flash or ASP consistently failed.

So in addition to ASP-driven sites, Flash-driven sites also seem to
have some trouble with the variables that I pass using URLS with
enbedded variables. Is this a known issue with Flash and ASP, or is
there some sort of workaround or command that I could add that would
enable the site to work with sites that use ASP and Flash?

When I have the client use a link that opens our site in a new
window, it opens fine; however, most of these users want to embed the
PHP site inside a frame on their site, and I have to try to make this
work the way the clients wants it to work.

Does it have to do with session variable storage? That's my guess;
here are my session settings:

enabled
Registered save handlers
files user