[FX.php List] How do you embed record ID's in URL

Larry Schultz larry at macedge.net
Fri May 11 22:26:57 MDT 2007

I posted this earlier, but it never made it to the list.

I need to send an email from FileMaker using send email. In the email
I need to have a calculated URL link back to an Add.php page. There
are actually two or more ID's that need to be embedded in the URL.

What I'm trying to accomplish.

An email is generated from an applicants FM record and sent to a
reference provided by the applicant. The reference is in it's own
table and has it's own ID. I need to send the email to the reference
person with a link back to a web form for the reference person to
fill out about the applicant. This would be an add.php page. I'd like
to show some of the applicants and reference person's data at the top
of the form.

How do I embed the ID's, and how do I get them from the link once it
hits the wpe.

All help welcomed.

Larry

Larry Schultz
             Mac Edge Corporation
Specializing in Filemaker Pro Relational Database Solutions
                             for Mac/Windows/NT

FBA Member

larry at macedge.net
larryschultz1 at mac.com

           -------------Take A Deep Breath-------------

  "I quickly discovered that Apple, Inc., isn’t just a company.  It’s
the world’s only publicly traded religion. "
Brett Arends, Boston Herald Finance Columnist  December 2005