[FX.php List] [OffTopic] ODBC anyone here knows how to import 1 and 1 record from an ODBC source

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 01:29:56 MDT 2007

ODBC anyone here knows how to import 1 and 1 record from an ODBC source?

My problem is that the table I want to import is 35GB and ODBC
obviously needs all of it in memory if I do a SELECT * FROM table;
Even with fields it seems to stuff everything in memory of the source
server... I tried SELECT id FROM table; and it also hung... However
SELECT id FROM table TOP 1; returns 1 record however it's a pain in
the hammock, or time away from the hammock, to write those manually.

ggt667