[FX.php List] [off-topic] A Windows question...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu May 10 12:36:01 MDT 2007

Tom,

Thanks for your input; I use FTP server software here on all my
servers, so that's not a problem, but for this particular solution,
she'll need the computer's drive mounted remotely.

So the 2nd solution won't work then... that's what I thought, but I
wanted to be sure before I spoke with my (now probably lost) client...

A goofy thing she's needing anyway.

They have a database that was full of images, and to speed it up, she
used the Troi File plugin to store references to images rather than
putting the images into a container field. While this works great in
their offices, the problem is that if I host their databases, they'd
need to have the server's hard drive mounted in order to see the
images. My suggestion was to have each user keep a local folder with
the images in it, but that would mean lots of updates to multiple
machines and so on.

I'm trying to steer them to a PHP solution, but she's not
interested... yet... :)

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: