[FX.php List] Page expired problem

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed May 9 14:53:05 MDT 2007

Erik,

Yes, I do believe all the cases are going back to a page originally reached by a POST.

We are using POST because we very much do NOT want the POST data to in clear view in the browser's location box, nor do we want people to be able to bookmark the pages.

This used to work fine in CDML, where there were no such expiry or cache instructions in the page header.

If I _have_ to use GET then I will, but I'd rather change the caching behavior so that it just acts the same as in CDML/FMU6. It seems like there may be some way to control this behavior.

If I do have to switch to GET, is it true that the only change I have to make the form tag go from this:
<FORM ACTION="..." METHOD=POST>
-to-
<FORM ACTION="..." METHOD=GET>
...with no other changes?

Wasn't there an issue with maximum length of GET data, or is that no longer an issue with modern browsers?

-Troy