[FX.php List] Page expired problem

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Wed May 9 13:38:29 MDT 2007

Dan,

Maybe it's really called "sniffing". I'm using a packet sniffer called Eavesdrop (Mac) and you can select filters to apply while looking at network transactions. To do what I've been doing, looking at the server -to/from- client's browser transactions, I plug my desktop computer (running Eavesdrop) into a hub (not switch) that is between the web server and the normal switch. That way the desktop monitors everything going in and out of the web server. Then I set the filter to only look at transactions involving the web server's IP address (so I don't see my own computer's transactions - unless they are going to that server) and start recording. Then you get a log of everything that passes between, all data, and with timestamps, etc.

-Troy