[FX.php List] Find record using 'date'

Roger Price rp272 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 9 09:30:21 MDT 2007

Dan

I was a bit non-plussed by Gjermund's rather enigmatic comment "The formating of the date is essential " as it was not clear in which way - in the source or in the request or both - and how should the formatting be done?

I have pulled across the dates from my FMP database which seemed to arrive as 'dd/mm/yyyy' (which was how they had been entered) however when I send then in that format via an FX.php 'find' request with debug turned on it seems that they are being URL encoded. Could this be the problem?

Not having a solution I decided to 'find all' and manipulate the data with PHP. This didn't work as expected either and found that although I was entering 'dd/mm/yyyy' I was actually getting 'mm/dd/yyyy'.

Now I'm not sure what the problem is!

I have achieved my goal by 'brute force' with PHP but would still like to undersatnd how to craft a request in FX.php.

Dates do seem to be a bit of  a minefield.

kindest regards

Roger