[FX.php List] Path conundrum (off-topic, but...)

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue May 8 11:42:30 MDT 2007

I answered my own question; the path was right, but here's what she
was trying to do, which is interesting:

This company has a huge database which references images. Rather than
store the images in the database, which made it huge and really slow
on their network, she started using the Troi plugin to *reference*
the images; she stored the images on her hard drive, and then, using
the plugin, she referenced each image. So by doing this, the images
were stored externally, but they showed up in the container field
when she searched the database.

So when we moved this to my server, it didn't work, and it took a
minute for me to realize that the reason was that, even though the
images were stored on my FM Server machine, the plugin looks for the
images on a *local* drive--local to the user, not local to the
database. So, the only way to make it work would be for each user of
the database to have an images folder stored on their local drive.

An interesting one to get my head around at first...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions