[FX.php List] GET vs. POST in a web app

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Fri May 4 10:33:28 MDT 2007

Read all the way to the end this time. ;-)

I would work on navigation that reduces or eliminates the use of the
browser back button. I have one client with two of my sites and
https, and pressing the back button (IE Windows) gives the POST
warning followed by a blank page. Yuck! I spent a lot of time working
on the interface to eliminate that habit. Also, I had some "cancel"
buttons that used history.go(-1), which is pretty much the same thing.

If you have alternatives in your interface, then you have ammunition
to say, "Don't use the back button. Use the site navigation."

Dale