[FX.php List] str_replace " in $lookupResult ?

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Tue May 1 09:52:58 MDT 2007

Den 01/05/2007 kl. 21.13 skrev Alex Gates:

> Hi Erik-
>
> I figured it was possible, but I assumed I would need a public IP
> address
> for the 2nd FileMaker server in order to make it work.  Am I right?

Yes, well almost. In fact for my suggestion to work, you need a web
server with PHP, which is able to talk to the two relevant WPE's
(never mind the FMS), since thats FX is talking to.

> I'm collecting the data with a public web server that we have
> hosted outside
> -
>
> We have a web server hosted internally (with a public IP) that
> points to our
> internal filemaker server with a local IP - so I thought I'd POST
> from our
> outside web server to the internal web server which would then
> throw it in
> to the local filemaker server.
>
> I guess I thought I'd need a public IP for our internal filemaker
> server if
> I wanted go straight from the outside web server to our local
> filemaker
> server - and I assumed the POST method would be more secure than
> exposing
> our internal filemaker server to the web via a public IP.
>
> Is this logical?

Maybe...

I'm not a security expert, so I'm not competent with respect to which
strategy would be more secure.

You have also considered exporting to some file (TAB-separated or
whatever) and reimporting on the other DB?

Ok, I'll stop trying to talk you out of your current plan (!)

I think some of your trouble comes from wanting to stuff an array
($fixedlookuprecipesResult) into a single form field. It *is* an
array, right?

Maybe your solution might be easier with serialize() (http://
www.php.net/manual/en/function.serialize.php).

As I understand it, this function is exactly what you need: Generates
a storable representation of a value

At the receiving end you would use unserialize() (!) to get your
array back in a useable form...

Let us know how you get along...

Best regards

/Erik