[FX.php List] question about returned result array

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Mon Mar 19 13:34:00 MDT 2007

Hi everyone -

In my "beginning" days of using fx.php, I encountered a problem querying
a database with a number and a number field.
For some reason, once I changed the field in filemaker to "text" type,
my finds would work.

I'm still experiencing this, but instead of changing it to a "text"
type, I thought I would investigate a little further.

I did a print_r($lookupResult);
This is my returned array:

Array
(
    [data] => Array
        (
        )

    [linkNext] =>
    [linkPrevious] =>
    [foundCount] => 0
    [fields] => Array
        (
        )

    [URL] => http://loginandaddress/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Web_
Dev2.fp7&-lay=Web+Data+Table&-max=50&web_account_number.op=eq&web_accoun
t_number=%2215029%22&-find
    [query] =>
    [errorCode] => 401
    [valueLists] => Array
        (
        )

)

This is my query:

$lookup=new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort,'FMPro7');
	$lookup->SetDBData('Web_ Dev2.fp7','Web Data Table');
	$lookup->SetDBPassword('xxxx','xxxx');

$lookup->AddDBParam('web_account_number','"'.$_SESSION['webaccountnumber
'].'"', 'eq');
	$lookupResult=$lookup->FMFind();
	$foundResult=$lookupResult['foundCount'];

I noticed that my URL in my lookupResult is looking for
&web_account_number=%2215029%22

As you can see in my query, I'm using a session variable
'webaccountnumber' which is actually 15029.

Could the %22 on both ends be causing the problem?  I imagine that it
would.

I'm using <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8" />

Have any of you seen the %22 before??  What could be causing this?  Or,
is this nothing to worry about?

Interestingly, I paste

http://loginandaddress/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Web_Cookbook_Dev2.fp
7&-lay=Web+Data+Table&-max=50&web_account_number.op=eq&web_account_numbe
r=%2215029%22&-find

(with the %22s)

in my browser and see the xml - I have no error code - it finds the
record fine -

but I can also paste

http://loginandaddress/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=Web_Cookbook_Dev2.fp
7&-lay=Web+Data+Table&-max=50&web_account_number.op=eq&web_account_numbe
r=15029&-find

(WITHOUT the %22s)

and it also works - with no problem.

Both ways work fine to display the XML in my browser, but I can't seem
to get it to go with fx.php

Any ideas?