[FX.php List] POSTing via Ajax to FX.php loses the newline chars--where?

Carl Anderson Carl.Anderson at asu.edu
Thu Mar 8 09:09:34 MST 2007

I've got a very simple Dashboard widget project (using FX.php on the back
end) going, and I'm having trouble figuring out where in the process my
error is occurring.

Essentially the widget is using Ajax to POST some text, possibly with line
breaks (or blank lines between paragraphs) to a PHP page, where FX.php takes
that info and inserts it into the database.  The trouble is that at some
step of the process the \n characters are getting lost, so:

Test
Test
Test

becomes "TestTestTest" in the actual database.

I know many of you are using Ajax implementations, based on the discussion
recently, so I thought there might be someone who can shed some light on
things and point me in the right direction.

I've got a sharp-minded colleague assisting, but we're both a bit
stumped...at least I know I am!

Any and all assistance would be appreciated, even if it's just to tell me
that it's the Ajax problem and not FX.php.  (Even if you could give me a
workaround, I'd be happy!)

--
Carl Anderson
Technical Support Analyst