[FX.php List] Re: Mysterious asterisks appearing in fields

Chris Bisgard cbisgard at racc.org
Wed Mar 7 14:26:49 MST 2007

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:

> Are all pages referring to UTF-8 by now?

Yep. There's only two pages (input form and target script) and both are
on UTF-8 now.

> I would really like to see your script from receival of _POST
> array to FMNew

Okay, here you go (note I've since removed the step that was enclosing
the pipe characters for testing):

<!-- BEGIN -->

$OrgName=trim($_POST['OrgName']);
$OrgContact=trim($_POST['OrgContact']);

$query=new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$query->setDBData('CLP','Web');

$query->AddDBParam('OrgName',$OrgName);
$query->AddDBParam('OrgContact',$OrgContact);

$addRecord=$query->FMNew();

Joel Shapiro wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> Any chance you have any kind of auto-enter going on in your FM fields?
>
> -Joel

Joel, good though, but nothing like that. These are just simple text
fields.

-Chris Bisgard