[FX.php List] php 5 problems: I have tried to copy my existing scripts to php5 enabled servers

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Mon Mar 5 08:00:03 MST 2007

With PHP 4, I used to do a lot of evaluations like

if ($_SESSION['whatever'])

...using the presence or absence of a variable to decide action. PHP
5 requires more explicit references, like

if (isset($_SESSION['whatever']))
if (!empty($_SESSION['whatever']))

...so I can't be sloppy any more. Maybe you're running into this?

Dale