[FX.php List] Sending an automated email?

William Downs william.downs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:46:03 MDT 2007

Hi Mike,

easy !

You should take a look at PEAR (a collection of open source classes)
specifically the mail_mime - it supports mime emails (with
attachments) and you can specify for it to use smtp with parameters
such as authenticate etc.

Open up a terminal and type pear list - this will show you if mail is
already installed. If not, the steps to install it on Mac OSX are
rather simple.

A search on the PEAR website would reveal all - search for mail::factory.

I set it up on Mac OS X 10.3.9 in less than 15 minutes (admittedly
with Filemaker Server 7), and it was roughly the same on a PC running
Win 2003.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

William

On 6/28/07, List <list at mrjinc.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm am a rookie at this php and I am trying to send a confirmation
> email out.
>
> I am running on OS X server 10.4.9 with FileMaker Server 8.
>
> My question is how do I send out mail and more specifically how do I
> set the smtp.
>
> I hope this is enough info, if not let me know what other info is
> needed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

William Downs