[FX.php List] Quick tip for iPhone programmers

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Jul 25 14:41:08 MDT 2007

Yes, but that's the way U.S. cell carriers are. They did the same
thing with the Palm Treo for a while, although it wasn't for 5 years.

Part of Apple's strategy appears to be an integration between the
cell company and the machine, with things like visual voicemail
(which is really cool--voice-mail starts playing as soon as you click
it in the phone, rather than having to dial in), and hopefully
instant messaging and other stuff.

If I had a web app that was designed for sales forces I'd be working
hard to get it ready for the iPhone... hint hint... :)

<sound of guys all over the world tapping furiously to make their
code fit onto the iPhone>

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954