[FX.php List] [OT] Ethical question about a client referrer

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Jul 25 09:09:18 MDT 2007

OK, here's a question for you consultants out there: a consultant
here in Nashville has sent me a couple of leads, both of which seemed
promising when he described them over the phone. In his initial call,
he mentioned a database he would like to have hosted, and it was
clear that he was hoping for some free hosting in exchange for the
two referrals.

However, neither lead amounted to anything but a huge waste of my
time; in one case I met with the "client" twice, only to never hear
from them again--not from anything that I overquoted or anything,
just a flaky client.

So here's my question: do I owe this guy any favors? I don't know
this guy, and assume that he thought he'd sent me actual leads; do I
host their database for free? I'm thinking not.

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954