[FX.php List] Newbie : What are the rules of the road ?

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Tue Jul 24 14:53:51 MDT 2007

Okay folks, a few more clarifications (based on questions I've gotten):

1) Note that the FileMaker ISP announcement that I referred to the
morning was an example of a GOOD announcement.  (After all, I'm sure
most of us have had a hard time finding FileMaker hosting at one time
or another.)  It was intended as an example by contrast.  There are
lots of other examples out there, too.

2) The problem announcement was for a product which represents an
FX.php replacement.  It even stated that knowledge of PHP was not
necessary.  This is something that many people will undoubtedly find
useful, but it belongs on a general FileMaker list.  For example, you
wouldn't advertise a new version of Access on a FileMaker list, but
you might in a general database or technology forum.

3) I'll always try to deal with anything inappropriate off list
first, and that was the case today.

Hope this eases some worries...  Best,

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org