[FX.php List] [Ann] FileMaker Shopping Cart Extravaganza

Stephen Knight stephen at fmwebschool.com
Tue Jul 24 10:53:36 MDT 2007

Hi Chris,

My reply was not nasty, I was simply asking for a more substantial
explanation as I honestly did not understand Gjermunds post.  (Well if this
list ever becomes moderated, I assume you will have the credit for such a
demand, Mr. Knight...) It was a bit cryptic, and I was just clarifying my
reasoning for my previous post.  No one is questioning the value of FX.php
and the community.  I did receive(in no way was it polite, I was rather
suprised)Chris's email, and did not post again on the topic except to better
explain my reasons for my post.

I am not going to engage in any type of online flame war, I think that they
are extremely damaging and unnecessary.  I apologize to everyone if you were
offended by my Post asking for the community to join in helping us create a
shopping cart system.

A community is a great place to help create great resources for everyone,
and pulling the community together for their expertise is a great way to
develop some amazing resources.  There is a great new book named the "Wisdom
of Crowds" and they spoke of how to work with the community to create better
products and tools.  I created the Wiki and had hoped to have a wonderful
group of PHP developers take a look and to make comments, and suggestions.
No trickery, no smoke and mirrors.

I'm not going to post anymore on this topic, because it is actually quite
simple, and my reason behind the post is quite simple...there was nothing
cruel, or rude intended in any way.  The Wiki, is open to everyone, and all
of our intentions and comments are clearly wide open and transparent.

I will continue to talk to the community about ways create new resources for
the web, but I will make sure those request are not posted here.  I wish
Chris and others well in all of their endeavors.

In Kindness
Stephen K Knight
http://www.fmwebschool.com
800.353.7950 / 386.453.5843
FMWebschool, we bring the web to life
FX.PHP PHP XML MySQL CDML ASP Custom Plug-in Development