[FX.php List] case sensitive query + indexing question]

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Thu Jul 19 17:25:02 MDT 2007

Thanks Chris and Troy -

That worked.  Thank you both -
Chris - I didn't try your calculated field method - but thanks for the
tip... in this case its OK to always have it case sensitive.

Finally - (I'm on a roll here with the questions... sorry)
I was wondering if anyone has any insight on what fields to index and
what fields to turn indexing off.

When should I and when shouldn't I be indexing?

Looking at my DB, I realized I turned indexing off on my calculated
RecID (get(RecID)) field.  I don't recall why.
Maybe my LAJAX would be a little speedier on the find if I indexed those...

Thanks again -

(I owe some drinks at DevCon.)