[FX.php List] [OT] FM 9 Bug?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Fri Jul 13 15:11:23 MDT 2007

Tom,

I haven't tried this, but it was mentioned in the Read Me notes of FileMaker 9.

>From the "FMP Read Me (English).pdf" file:

     11.11.	 In the previous versions of FileMaker, some predicates in a
     relationship would be ignored if they had an empty value. This could
     result in finding records which don?t match the relationship
     criteria,  even finding all records in the related table. Predicates
     based on empty values will no longer match  to any other records. Any
     databases which depended on the old behavior will need to be modified
     to  use a different relational design. This change was made to match
     standard relational behavior in  SQL databases.

-Troy