[FX.php List] Hitting a FM Server with a large search request

Edward L. Ford elford at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:06:16 MST 2007

Dale,
Could you explain your options a little better?  I don't quite follow.

Let me re explain my question as well in case it wasn't clear:
My end goal is to provide a simple search capabilities for database
records.  So, if a user enters a search term into the search field, I
want to return any record that contain the search term.  This search
term can exist in any of 15 possible fields (an OR search).

I really want to know if there's a better way to do this than:
$Query->AddDBParam('Field1', 'SearchTerm');
$Query->AddDBParam('Field2', 'SearchTerm');
$Query->AddDBParam('Field15', 'SearchTerm');
$Query->AddDBParam('-lop', 'or');
$Results = $Query->FMFind();

Or, is that indeed the best way?

Cheers,