[FX.php List] Function listing fields on layout? SOLVED

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Sat Jan 20 17:21:03 MST 2007

Boy, do I feel dumb.

I realized that the field names are automatically returned with
$searchResult.  I just had to figure out how to extract the names
from the built in array:

$fieldnameslive = array();
foreach($searchResult['fields'] as $key => $value)
		{
		$fieldnameslive[] = $value[name];
		}
...and them assign them to a simpler array consisting of just the
names with associated key.

The application for this data is very cool indeed.

I have already incorporated the ability for users to export excel
spreadsheets from online databases.  This includes selection of both
all records or the current displayed set.

The creation of a field list will now enable me to offer users the
ability to choose which *fields* they would like to export to the
spreadsheet, rather than the just the default ones displayed on the
screen.

This is a big deal....at least  for me. Since recently introducing
the ability for authorized users to export their own data, my systems
have matured into a much more workable solution.

Probably next on the todo list:
	- Field Order
	- Custom Field Names
	- Custom Worksheets