[FX.php List] [OT] Requesting feedback on FileMaker publications

Edward L. Ford elford at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jan 16 01:00:47 MST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have authored several short documents on FileMaker topics for an
employer, and I have decided to publish them publicly for the benefit
of all.  These publications hope to fill gaps I've found in the
online FileMaker community when researching solutions to problems
I've come up against: * dealing with a corrupted FileMaker database
* getting started with publishing a FileMaker database with PHP
(using FX.php of course!).

Since we tend to be moderately experienced FileMaker users here, I'd
like to request feedback on these publications.  Are my suggesting
correct, or do I have any glaring errors with FileMaker topics?  Is
there anything I didn't describe well, or something I could describe
in more detail?  Pretty much, if you have any comments whatsoever,
I'd like to hear them!

The publication titles are:
Protecting Your FileMaker Database From Corruption
Dealing with Database Corruption in FileMaker
Building a Database-Driven Web Application With FileMaker

All of these can be found on my website at http://edwardford.net/
publications/

Finally, I'd like to encourage anyone here who maintains a FileMaker
resource website to link to the web page above.

Thanks to anyone who can spare the time!
--Ed

Edward L. Ford
http://www.edwardford.net