[FX.php List] [OT] SSL problem with Mac OS X Server SOLVED

Jason LEWIS jasonlewis at weber.edu
Tue Jan 2 01:25:45 MST 2007

Bob,

I find this weird as I have been using a passphrase for over three
years on Max OSX now.  I believe that the server admin has regularly
upgraded it instead of a new install.  Some of those upgrades, like
going from 10.2 to 10.3 lost the passphrase and had to be reentered.  I
do not recall if going to 10.4 had the same problem.  Once that
passphrase was put in, apache would start and stop for me without any
problems.  Bummer that you did not get it to work.

Jason

>>> Bob Patin <bob at patin.com> 01/01/2007 9:41 AM >>>
Jason,

Yes, I knoq *how* to add a passphrase, and use Server Admin every
day; the problem was that, when I did use a passphrase, the web
services (Apache) failed to start.

What I discovered was that, once I put in a cert that had no
passphrase, everything worked flawlessly...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions