[FX.php List] dashboard widgets and fx.php

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 18:28:59 MST 2007

On 16/2/07 3:25 AM, "Carl Anderson" <Carl.Anderson at asu.edu> wrote:

> Bob:
>
> I downloaded Dashcode two days ago, and with my admittedly limited
> understanding of Ajax and whatnot, I was able to cobble together a decent
> widget that pulls data via a call to a PHP script on our server.
> (Essentially it's a Web service, but that's a different story.)
>
> Right now the PHP script is doing nothing more than spitting out
> line-by-line sets of data, but that's exactly what I want for my purposes.
> Goals for this week, and the weeks following, are to expand this to allow
> writing to a database as well as more complex formatting.
>
> (Incidentally, it should be easy to write to a database, since it's just
> like connecting to a PHP script.)

I've done something similar with widgets, FM, FX and RSS. Basically, I use
FX to write a dynamic RSS feed for news content in one of our FM databases,
and then developed a widget that simply calls it. Dashcode has a default RSS
template that worked well here.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.