[FX.php List] Use Apache on Windows and FileMaker Server Advanced - tutorial

Stephen Knight stephen at fmwebschool.com
Thu Feb 22 11:40:01 MST 2007

Hi Everyone :)

Good News for Windows users that want to use FileMaker Server Advanced,
Apache and Windows.

While developing our new product "BlackBelt"
http://fmwebschool.com/frm/index.php?topic=836.0 (allows you to run CDML on
FileMaker 7-8.5) we needed to test in multiple server environments.  We
discovered by simply adding a line of code to the Apache httpd file and a
couple lines of code to a couple other files we were able to run FMSA on
Windows.

Up until now, only IIS was the supported server to run the FileMaker Server
Advanced Web Publishing Engine. However, Apache is a very popular web server
for both Windows and Mac platforms and includes a lot of very interesting
modules such as mod_rewrite - which are great to use with many sites to make
search engine friendly URLs. Previously using Apache and FileMaker on
Windows required running IIS for the web publishing engine and Apache as a
separate process - with the help of this tutorial, you can eliminate IIS
from your system and use only Apache!

http://www.fmwebschool.com/resources/webfiles.zip

http://www.fmwebschool.com/resources/WPE_Apache.pdf

To download WAMP for Windows, navigate to http://wampsever.com/en