[FX.php List] Record Count after the fact- Revisted

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Thu Feb 22 08:51:39 MST 2007

yes, i agree SESSION vars would probably be faster than a new FMP query
with a foreach to OR the results!

just pointing out that SESSION variables can become dead weight on a
page because it is easy to overlook them after they are used and no
longer needed.

that is, a SESSION var with a large memory footprint can be loaded with
just one call to session_start(). unless you are super careful about
unsetting ( with unset() ) large SESSION vars after they are used you
can end up with a huge slowdown without realizing it.

dan

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen had written: