[FX.php List] Just getting started

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Feb 21 15:33:43 MST 2007

Hi Christopher,

Here are a couple of things to check:

1. Make sure that your Web Publishing Engine is seeing the FileMaker
server.
2. Make sure that your database has proper permissions and that it's
open on FMS Advanced.
3. Make sure that you have XML enabled for at least 1 of your users
in the database.
4. Make sure that, in your FM Server Web Publishing Admin, that
you've properly set the IP address for your FMSA machine.
5. When you click on PUBLISHED DATABASES, you should see a + sign
next to your database, in the XML column.

Those are the main gotchas for the config...

IN sever_data.php in FX:

1. Make sure that you specify the right IP; if Web Publishing
Engine's on your web server, specify your web server's IP, not
FileMaker Server.
2. Make sure you've specified your database properly ("dbname.fp7"
for example).

Those are a few to get started; buzz back if you still can't get
started.

Good luck!

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: