[FX.php List] dashboard widgets and fx.php

Carl Anderson Carl.Anderson at asu.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:25:02 MST 2007

Bob:

I downloaded Dashcode two days ago, and with my admittedly limited
understanding of Ajax and whatnot, I was able to cobble together a decent
widget that pulls data via a call to a PHP script on our server.
(Essentially it's a Web service, but that's a different story.)

Right now the PHP script is doing nothing more than spitting out
line-by-line sets of data, but that's exactly what I want for my purposes.
Goals for this week, and the weeks following, are to expand this to allow
writing to a database as well as more complex formatting.

(Incidentally, it should be easy to write to a database, since it's just
like connecting to a PHP script.)

--
Carl Anderson
Technical Support Analyst