[FX.php List] Career Opportunities @ Yahoo

Carla Long carlal at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Feb 12 04:02:35 MST 2007

Software Engineer, Connected Life

The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand out
in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing over a
half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment to
delivering news, entertainment, information and fun... each and every day.

In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked
Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big ideas
and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative products
and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking for people
like you.

How Big Can You Think?

Job Responsibilities

We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer with a MS/BS in
computer science/engineering at least 5 years of experience in developing
client-server applications.

Minimum Job Qualifications

A candidate should have extensive product development experience with
Apache, PHP, XML, DHTML, HTML, HTTP, C++, and JavaScript. The candidate
should also have experience with BSD/Linux/UNIX OS environments.

MS or BS in computer science/engineering

Preferable Job Qualifications

Client device experience with STB Architecture, DMA, and MCE architectures
is desired, but not a requirement. Also, some experience with integration of
external 3rd party applications is desired.

Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to
search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com
<http://careers.yahoo.com/>

If you would like to take advantage of an outstanding opportunity to work
for Yahoo at our Sunnyvale Facility, Please forward a copy of your resume to
Carla at carlal at yahoo-inc.com  and let me know the best number and time to
reach you.